Fujifilm dropped the highly-anticipated firmware update ver. 3.00 for Fujifilm X-T3 and a small incremental firmware update ver. 1.01 for the Fujifilm X-T30 this week.
Here are the main new features included with the new X-T3 firmware version:
- Strengthened the accuracy of face / eye detection AF performance
- New Face Select function
- Faster AF speed for subjects at a distance
- Intuitive operation of touch screen
- Focus frame when EYE DETECTION SETTING
- Improvement of AF/AE area tracking when using EVF
- Push function of the Focus stick when INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING
- FLICKER REDUCTION function
- Message when IMAGE TRANSFER ORDER
- Fix of slight defects.
This update improves operability of the Q (quick menu) button. To avoid accidentally opening the Q (quick) menu, the button reaction time has been increased.
Fujifilm also announced another X-T30 firmware update coming in June 2019.
© Photo above, courtesy Jonas Rask.