Fujifilm announced today a free firmware update (ver. 2.00) for the X-Pro2. The new autofocus algorithm, that is already implemented on the Fujifilm X-T2 now makes its way to the X-Pro2 as well. The only exception are the AF-C Custom Settings functions.As a result, more accurate autofocus is now possible, and the AF tracking in AF-C mode will be improved. The number of focus point will be increased from 77 to 91 points (13×7) and from 273 to 325 points (25×13) to improve framing.
Other improvements coming with the 2.00 firmware include:
- compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount flash EF-X500 will enable wireless multi-flash lighting with TTL control up to three groups and high-speed flash sync.
- AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min. options. AUTO POWER SAVE function, which was previously only available in ECONOMY mode, is now available as an option in HIGH PERFORMANCE and STANDARD modes to allow users to minimize battery power consumption.
- AF point position interlocked with parallax will be displayed to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder even when Corrected AF frame function is set to OFF.
You can read more and download the firmware update directly from the Fujifilm website.
Fujifilm also announced a little firmware update ver. 3.70 for the X-Pro1:
- specification when the CORRECTED AF FRAME is ON in the Shooting Menu has been changed.
The CORRECTED AF FRAME in the OVF is fixed on the recommended value described in the Owner’s manual. If the minimum focus range of the attached lens is greater than the recommended value, the frame is displayed on the position of the minimum focus range.
You can download the X-Pro1 firmware update from the Fujifilm website here.
Fujifilm also updated firmwares of many Fujinon lenses, including:
- XF23mm f/1.4
- XF 35mm f/1.4
- XC16-50mm II
Visit Fujifilm lens firmware updates page and download the updates you need.
- Big Fujifilm Announcements: X100F, X-T20, XF50mm f/2 R WR and GFX! - 19.January.2017
- Fujifilm GFX 50S with Piet van Den Eynde - 19.January.2017
- Fujifilm updates X-T1 Firmware to Ver. 5.01 - 12.January.2017
- Fujifilm launches X-Pro2 Graphite Edition and X-T2 Graphite Silver Edition - 5.January.2017
- Xposure Collective from Poland - 9.December.2016