Fujifilm has just made the Mac version of its new FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO available for download. According to Fujifilm, “this free software enables photographers to quickly and easily convert RAW files with outstanding image quality, once a camera is connected to a Mac or PC via USB cable”. Exceptional image quality is retained, as the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO system utilizes the X Processor Pro in the camera instead of the CPU in the computer.”
Photographers have increasingly found batch conversion to be an issue, due to the increasing size of RAW files, and the time it takes as a result. However, using the high performance “X Processor Pro” processor, this batch conversion is handled far more efficiently as a result.
FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO is available both for Mac and Windows users and her is what it allows:
- single conversion / batch conversion for RAW images on the computer
- variable image processing conditions can be adjusted in the same way as in-camera RAW conversion
- before / after images can be compared side by side
- save, load, or copy conversion profiles
The software is (or will be) compatible with the following cameras:
- GFX 50S (as of today)
- X-T2 (as of today)
- X-Pro2 (firmware Ver. 4.00 – December 2017)
- X100F (firmware Ver. 4.00 – December 2017)
You can download the Mac version of the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO from the Fujifilm website.
The Windows version will be available in February 2018.
- FujiLove Magazine Assignment Winner: Barbara Lewis - 28.February.2019
- FujiLove Podcast – Episode 36 with Damien Lovegrove - 16.February.2019
- New Fujfilm Camera Remote App And Firmware Updates For X-T3, X-T100 And X-A5 - 14.February.2019
- Fujifilm Releases The X-T30 Camera And The XF16mm f/2.8 Lens - 14.February.2019
- FujiLove Podcast – Episode 35 with Billy Luong - 29.January.2019