Fujifilm today officially announced development of the new Fujifilm X-Pro3 mirrorless rangefinder style camera. The announcement took place during the Fujifilm X Summit in Tokyo and the event was streamed live on the internet.
Here is a brief summary of X-Pro3 features Fujifilm mentioned during today’s event:
X-Pro3 camera body will be featuring several parts made of titanium, which is an extremely durable and hard material. Fujifilm found a dedicated factory that will be manufacturing titanium parts for them.
Upgraded Hybrid Viewfinder
- significantly reduced distortion
- increased angle of view
- brand new EVF panel with higher resolution and contrast, better brightness, wider color space, and an improved frame rate
No traditional rear LCD screen (!!!)
Fujifilm wants X-Pro3 users to look through the viewfinder and “minimize the time looking at the back of the camera.” On the back of the X-Pro3 you will find a small LCD screen displaying basic settings or (alternatively) simply the current film simulation you are using represented in a nice graphical fashion.
On the back of the camera you will also find a “hidden”swivelling LCD screen that swings downwards (the LCD is meant for image review and diving deeper into the menus).
New film simulation: Classic Negative
X-Pro3 will be the first Fujifilm X Series camera featuring their brand new digital film simulation – Classic Negative.
X-Pro3 will be officially announced on October 23rd 2019.
Go ahead and watch the replay of today’s Fujifilm event here (X-Pro3 announcement starts at 1:10:30):
- FujiLove Magazine Assignment Winner: Jeffrey Wetherill - 22.September.2019
- Fujifilm Announces the Development of the X-Pro3 - 20.September.2019
- Fujifilm Introduces X-A7 - 12.September.2019
- FujiLove Magazine Assignment Winner: Daniel Obst - 25.August.2019
- 2019 FujiLove LIVE – New York City, October 12-13 - 1.August.2019