Fujifilm has just announced that it will release the FUJIFILM X-T3, the latest model in the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras. X-T3 features a brand new X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 image processing engine and it launches the fourth generation of the Fujifilm X Series.
It’s here. And it’s looking really good.
X-T3 is sporting a brand new, back-illuminated APS-C sensor with more than 4 times the number of phase detection pixels than the X-T2 and X-H1 models.
The new X Processor 4 has four CPU units to achieve image processing speed about 3 times faster than that of the current models. It substantially boosts the speed and accuracy of auto-focus and according to Fujifilm (as of September 6th 2018) is world’s very first engine to deliver 4K/60P 10bit output, which meets the needs of most demanding videographers.
X-T3: Main Features
- Use of the Series’ fourth-generation devices, new sensor “X-Trans CMOS 4” and new processor “X-Processor 4,” for the highest image resolving performance, color reproducibility and fastest processing in the history of the X Series
- Use of the new devices and improved algorithm for significant improvement in AF performance in low light and when tracking a moving subject
- Enhanced viewfinder performance improving the ability to track a moving subject
- The X-T3 inherits X-T2’s popular design features such as the positioning of dials on the top panel, central viewfinder style for added sense of stability, and excellent grip design for comfort. The silver color is lineup as standard, which features more classical tone compared with graphite silver, limited edition for previous models. Its styling that reminds you of traditional film cameras is combined with outstanding practicality, making it photographic equipment that is a pleasure to own for many years to come.
- Enhanced video performance: this is the world’s first mirrorless digital camera capable of internal SD card recording 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit. It is also the world’s first mirrorless digital camera with APS-C or larger sensor capable of 4K/60P 4:2:2 10bit HDMI output. Supported video formats include the widely-used H.264/MPEG-4 AVC as well as H.265/HEVC for greater data compression. This enables the use of high 200Mbps bitrate in recording of 4K/60P 4:2:0 10bit, as well as simultaneous HDMI output while recording. Video compression options available are ALL-Intra (*6) and Long GOP. When using ALL-Intra, video is recorded at 400Mbps.
Following accessories will be available for use with the Fujifilm X-T3:
- Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT3 (designed specifically for the X-T3)
- Leather Case BLC-XT3 (designed specifically for the X-T3)
- Hand Grip MHG-XT3 (designed specifically for the X-T3)
- Cover Kit CVR-XT3
- Remote Release RR-100
Most important specs
- 26.1 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor
- X Processor 4
- big electronic viewfinder: 3.69 millions pixels
- LCD monitor: 3.0 inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx. 1.04 millions dots touch screen color LCD monitor(approx. 100% coverage)
- dust-resistant and water-resistant body
- professional 4K video recording
- dual SD memory card slot
- ISO sensitivity up to 51’200
- WiFi functionality
- film simulation modes (including ETERNA)
Fujifilm X-T3 will be available starting September 20, 2018 in black and silver.
Find out more about the X-T3 on the Fujifilm website. Follow this link >>>
FujiLove X-T3 Review
Jens Krauer had a chance of testing a pre-production model of the Fujifilm X-T3 for a few weeks. He prepared an exclusive review for FujiLove >>>
- FujiLove Power Sessions - 15.September.2018
- FUJILOVE WEBINAR: “Lighting and Postprocessing for Travel Photographers” with Piet Van den Eynde - 10.September.2018
- Fujifilm Announces New X-T3 Mirrorless Camera - 6.September.2018
- Photo Rescue Mission in Adobe Lightroom - 20.August.2018
- Fujifilm launches XF8-16mm f/2.8 R, XF200mm f/2 R, Announces Several Firmware Updates, and Expands the Lens Road Map - 20.July.2018