At today’s X-Series 5th Anniversary Event in Tokyo Fujifilm announces that it is working on a brand new high-end external flash, the EF-X500. It will be added to the premium camera X-Series system accessory line-up in May 2016.
Main features of the EF-X500:
- Low-profile, premium design that is perfectly suited to compact and lightweight X-Series cameras.
- High-speed synchronization (FP) that supports the 1/8000 sec. shutter found in the FUJIFILM X-Pro2.
- Multiple flash-unit TTL auto function unleashes users’ creativity by allowing them to control any lighting conditions.
- Weather and dust resistant making it the perfect companion for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-Pro2, which have the same levels of protection.
- Guide number: 50/164 (ISO100･m/ft.) at 105 mm zoom head position, equivalent to 35mm format
- Zoom: 24mm-105mm equivalent to 35mm format, when the extendable wide panel is pulled out, the flash coverage is approximately 20 mm.
- Bounce capability: Flash head tilts down to 10° or up to 90° and rotates horizontally 135° to the left and 180° to the right.
- Color temparature: approximately 5600K
- Flash modes: TTL / Manual / Multi.(repeating flash)
- Flash exposure compensation: -5.0 – +5.0, 1/3 step (the available range and step depend on camera models)
- High-speed synchronisation (FP): Capable (supported cameras only)
- Manual: 1/1 – 1/512, 1/3 step
- Multi. (repeating flash): 1/4 – 1/512, 1/3 step, 1-500Hz, 2 – 100 flashes
- Wireless communication: Optical pulse communication (in multiple flash-unit photography operation)
- Wireless modes: master and remote
- Communication channels: From 1 to 4
- Remote groups: up to three groups (A/B/C)
- Power source: Four LR6 (AA-size) alkaline batteries, four FR6 (AA-size) lithium batteries, or four HR6 (AA-size) rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (optional)
- External power source: BATTERY PACK EF-BP1 (optional)
- Dimensions: W67.5 x H123.9 x D106 (mm)