Just two hours ago, during a the press conference in Tokyo, Japan, Fujifilm announced the release of Fujifilm GFX100 mirrorless digital camera that features a newly developed 102 megapixels (approx. 55mm diagonal length) large format sensor.
And it’s a beast! 🙂
According to Fujifilm, this new camera “will be the flagship model of the GFX system of mirrorless digital cameras, which have consistently received strong praise from professional photographers and photo enthusiasts for their use of a 43.8mm x 32.9mm large format sensor, which is approximately 1.7 times larger than a 35mm ‘full frame’ sensor”.
The GFX100 features a “back illuminated sensor with phase detection pixels,” the first of its kind for image sensors larger than the 35mm full frame format. Autofocus speed is up to twice as fast as previous GFX models (when using the GF63mmF2.8 lens), whilst also offering Tracking AF on a moving subject as well as more accurate Continuous AF.
Another world’s first for larger than the 35mm full-frame format cameras is the in-body image stabilization (IBIS), delivering “five-axis image stabilisation” of up to 5.5 stops. As a result, ultra high resolution photography can even be achieved when shooting hand held. The video capability has also been greatly improved from the current GFX 50S and GFX 50R models, to become the world’s first mirrorless digital camera with an image sensor of this size or greater to offer 4K30p video recording capability (10bit 4:2:2).
Main features of the new Fujifilm GFX100
- 102MP approx. 55mm diagonal length large format image sensor
- The world’s first five-axis IBIS in a cameras featuring an image sensor larger than the 35mm format
- The world’s first 4K30p video recording capability among consumer mirrorless digital cameras with a sensor bigger than the 35mm format
- Dust-resistant, weather-resistant, lightweight and highly robust magnesium alloy body with integrated vertical grip
- Enhanced operability and versatile information displays
- 76 million dot EVF with 100% coverage and 2.36 million dot tilting 3.2-inch LCD display
- High speed and high precision phase detection AF that sets a new standard for large-format cameras with a sensor larger than the 35mm format
- Unique colour reproduction technology, developed through our history in photographic film to deliver astonishing quality in stills
For detailed specifications and more feature details , make sure you visit Fujifilm’s website over here >>>
- Fujifilm Announces the X-Pro3 - 23.October.2019
- FujiLove Magazine Assignment Winner: Sonny Abesamis - 22.October.2019
- FujiLove Magazine Assignment Winner: Jeffrey Wetherill - 22.September.2019
- Fujifilm Announces the Development of the X-Pro3 - 20.September.2019
- Fujifilm Introduces X-A7 - 12.September.2019