Cactus announced today that it will be updating the firmware of their V6 II and V6 IIs transceivers that will transform the triggers into devices that also support cross-brand wireless TTL. Fujifilm cameras belong to the first group of brands that will be blessed with their update!
I asked Nick Schreger, FujiLove contributor and Cactus Ambassador what is the significance of this Cactus announcement for Fujifilm X Series camera users. “In a nutshell: a) no more manual setting to force HSS and b) radio TTL with the EF-X500 and V6 II triggers” – that’s the quick answer I got from Nick who was travelling at that time and wrote me back from the airport.
Have a look at some excerpts from today’s Cactus press release:
- just nine months since the release of the Cactus V6 II and Cactus V6 IIs, Cactus is now launching a series of brand-specific firmware upgrades to transform the cross-brand HSS flash triggers to one that also supports cross-brand wireless TTL
- the new X-TTL firmware versions, apart from supporting cross-brand high-speed sync (HSS/FP), remote power and zoom control of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sigma flashes all at the same time, NOW support automatic TTL exposure in the same cross-brand environment, both on-camera and off-camera
- this unique function gives photographers an unprecedented flexibility. The need for matching flashes with the same camera system for on and off-camera TTL flash photography is over – TTL without boundaries.
To read the entire Cactus press release – follow this link.
- Fujifilm Launches the Fujinon XF50mm F1.0 R WR Lens - 3.September.2020
- Fujifilm Introduces New FUJIFILM EF-60 Shoe Flash and FUJIFILM EF-W1 Wireless Commander - 30.July.2020
- Capture One FujiLove Spring Sale - 21.April.2020
- Replay: FujiLove Stay-At-Home LIVE Webinar - 8.April.2020
- Capture One Update Brings First Fujifilm X-T4 Support - 3.March.2020